Error on LoadRunner 9.51 Installation
Posted on Aug, 2009 by Admin
A new knowledge base article is available on the HP Support side for LoadRunner 9.51. KM753044. If you get the following messages during installation:
“Another instance of the program is already running.”
“Setup has determined that a previous installation has not completed. You should restart your system in order to complete this process.”
It is possible this is coming from conflicting software. Software such as Tivoli or Radia installed on the system interfere with the installation of LoadRunner.
The suggested fix:
- Stop services relating to software such as Tivoli and Radia, such as Tivoli Endpoint, Tivoli Remote Controller, Tivoli Protector etc.Go to Start —-> Control Panel —-> Administrative Tools —-> Services —-> Now stop services relating to Tivoli or Raid.Note: You can restart these once the installation is done.
- Delete registry keys as given below. Please take a backup of the registry keys before deleting them.Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionHere you will find “Run” and/or “RunOnce” and/or “RunOnceEx”.
Check whether you have any keys pertaining to Tivoli or Radia here and delete.
Delete the key “PendingFileRenameOperation” fromHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlSession Manager
after taking a backup of it.
- Also follow the clean uninstall procedure for LoadRunner as given below before installing LoadRunner.
- Make sure that all running LoadRunner processes (including the Controller, VuGen, Analysis and the Remote Command Launcher or the LoadRunner Agent Process/Service (for 7.x & 8.x)) are closed.
- Back up any existing scripts that may have been saved in the LoadRunner installation folder. (The scripts are sometimes saved in a “scripts” subdirectory under the LoadRunner installation folder.)
- Run the uninstall program from the LoadRunner / Service Test program group (or) use the Windows Add/Remove Programs from the Control Panel. If any prompt is given about removing shared files, remove all the shared DLLs that are reported as no longer being in use. In the very rare instance this causes a problem for some other application it may be necessary to reinstall that other application. This is not generally a problem because every application should have registered which DLLs it needs to run.
- Reboot the machine after the Uninstall wizard is complete. This will complete the basic uninstall procedure.
- Delete all LoadRunner folders (including the ones in the Startup menu for the Remote Command Launcher (LoadRunner 6.x) or Agent Process (LoadRunner 7.x & 8.x)).
- Do a search for the following files and remove them from all locations — they will be replaced during the reinstall.
- Open the registry editor (Start > Run > regedit).
- Delete the following keys:
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMercury Interactive HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMercury Interactive.
- Delete all the folders under Loadrunner or anything related to LoadRunner except “License2” and/or “License” under LoadRunner..
- Empty the Recycle Bin.
- Install LoadRunner by running setup.exe from the installation folder.